The Keys to Offline Marketing
For most of the history of marketing, “offline” has been the only kind of strategy there was. Today, offline strategies must be integrated with digital strategies in order for a business to truly succeed against its competition.
Success Comes From Three Steps:
- Know your customer, and target them.
- Craft a compelling unique selling proposition (USP) that sets you apart from your competition.
- Market with a clear objective in mind.
Print marketing is a powerful strategy for marketers, especially when used as part of an integrated marketing strategy. Consider the following.
- 56% of all consumers trust print marketing over any other advertising method.
- 7 of 10 Americans find direct mail more personal than web ads.
- More than 75% of small businesses combine print and digital tactics—a strategy that results in the greatest ROI and response rates.
Benefits of Print Marketing
- It’s tangible—it may stay in the home for weeks or months.
- It’s attention-grabbing.
- It can interact with your digital media any way you like (lead people to website, landing page, social media of your choice) for an integrated marketing campaign.
- No barriers to entry.
- There’s a low cost of acquisition (you don’t have to cultivate a community like you do online).
A recent cross-media study from a large research firm found that advertising in magazines and newspapers achieves the highest average ROI. When you find the right outlet—radio, broadcast, billboards, PR—advertising can be an amazing lead-generation tool.
Benefits of Advertising
- Credibility—if your ad appears in a magazine and it’s well designed, your business must be legitimate.
- Reach your target market.
- Solidifies brand identity. Helps to establish brand recognition.
- Scientifically, people engage more with printed materials.
- Publications are less crowded due to digital, so there’s more room for you.
Take Advantage of a Full Array of Offline Strategies
When your integrated marketing mix incorporates a variety of tactics that work together strategically, your potential to generate leads and sales increases exponentially. Don’t overlook the basics—work with EZMarketing to determine the best fit for your needs.
Business Cards –Handing a new contact a business card sends the message of executive achievement. And a business card has to be good—people remember being handed an ugly, outdated, or home-printed business card.
Sales Sheets – Are your business’s sales sheets up to date and compelling? Make sure that they represent your business well, and that your sales team knows how to use them.
Newsletters – A newsletter creates brand awareness, encourages customer loyalty, and develops your authority. Remind your clients and prospects on a regular basis that you’re looking to serve them.
Direct Mail – Studies prove that digital natives love getting direct mail, because to them, it’s a rarity. In fact, research shows that 90% of millennials think direct mail advertising is reliable, and more than half have made purchases based on direct mail offers.
EZMarketing—The Collaborative Approach. Don’t waste any more time or energy marketing yourself offline without knowing if it’s truly working. When you collaborate with EZMarketing, you’ll get a full team of experts who will help you determine the best offline strategies for your business’s integrated marketing success.