Why Content Marketing?
It attracts more traffic to your website
Your potential customers are searching for information online. The more of their questions you can answer with valuable, non-promotional content, the more likely they are to find you and click through to your website. It’s important to create a content marketing plan that addresses customers and potential customers at every phase of the sales cycle.
It drives conversions
With strategic content and well-placed calls to action, you can drive your customers to take the next step toward buying, whether that’s subscribing to your e-newsletter, downloading an e-book, or checking out your latest infographic.
It’s critical to today’s SEO marketing
Quality website content is one of Google’s top ranking factors. You’re much more likely to show up in search results if you’re producing relevant, valuable content. Outreach and link building are also a huge part of SEO marketing demanding sharable content that’s compelling to your audience.
It powers your social media
Social media is a great way to engage with your customers and prospects. But your Facebook feed’s going to look mighty empty without something valuable to share. Create relevant content – maybe with a little fun – to power your social media presence.
It builds your brand’s reputation
Not only does quality website content help get your name out there and build brand recognition, but it also gives you the opportunity to be helpful to your prospects before they even become customers. This builds trust and authority for your business.
Speaking of Content Strategy ... How About a Free e-Book?
- What “content marketing” means and why it’s so important
- Why you should do content marketing
- 5 steps to develop great content
- How content strategy can boost your SEO marketing efforts
- Types of website content you should consider creating
- Where and how to share and promote your content
- How to measure the success of your content marketing efforts
Content Marketing Essentials
Content marketing involves an investment of time. The best content marketing programs include a number of key ingredients:
- Who is Your Audience: Writing good content demands that you know who you’re talking to. Where are they located? What are their pain points? What are their key demographics?
- Content: When incorporated in website design, content can take any number of forms including a blog, video, infographic or other formats. Content should answer your customers’ pain points and speak to them directly. You’re not writing an ad. You’re writing content intended to identify issues and present solutions. If you’re not sure what to write about, Answer The Public is a great resource for identifying topics.
- Call-to-Action: What’s your offer? Make sure you include some kind of action for users to take in the way of a free whitepaper, PDF download, or scheduling an appointment.
- Market Your Content: This can take the form of just including it on your website design as a blog, sending it out as a release, sharing on social media, or guest blogging. There are a lot of ways to market your content through digital marketing channels.
- Stay Connected: Once your target audience has received your content and opened the door for email marketing, stay in touch.
By following these key content marketing elements, you can better attract customers, build relationships, and grow your business.
Keep in mind content is at the heart of everything you do with your marketing efforts. From website design to SEO marketing and email marketing to social media campaigns, creating effective content will be a major determinant of your success. Talk with our digital marketing agency today to make sure your content hits the mark.
Should I be blogging for my business?
Blogging isn't dead. In fact, content marketing is critical to your SEO marketing success. Find out more in this video.